While many recognize the importance of innovation to improve outcomes, the ability for a person to meaningfully contribute requires a number of competencies that collectively form a “ Innovation Mindset “.
Some attributes of a person with an Innovation Mindset include –
- very high awareness, skills, ambition, intelligence
- future oriented
- being very opportunistic and agile
- learns fast
- look ahead then look back thinking
- cognizant of getting past NIA (naivety, ignorance, arrogance)
- being confident and humble
- recognizes success is a combination of science and art
- timely and insightful decision making
- accountability for results
With these being rare qualities in aggregate is why to “ Innovate for Impact “ is a team initiative !
To assess your role in the team to meaningfully contribute to innovation, ask yourself the following questions –
- Where do you see opportunity ?
- What will have increasing value going forward ?
- How do you re-imagine the business ?
- What role do you want in the new organization ?
- What are your suggestions to move forward ?
- What do you see as the challenges to change ?
- What are your suggestions to get past the challenges ?
If interested in discussing the above to make innovation more rewarding, please contact CAIL .
Nov 3, 2021 – CAIL Innovation commentary 905-940-9000 email@example.com