The following organizations have proven they can “ Innovate for Impact “ – in their market, other markets, and in creating new markets.
Since these and other emerging companies are changing the landscape, will your organization be –
A. Future ready should they come into your market ?
B. Also able to “ Innovate for Impact “ to address new challenges and opportunities ?
C. Has an “ Innovation Mindset “ and a culture that values entrepreneurship to “ Find the New “ ?
D. Able to meaningfully improve outcomes from innovation ?
For those on the following list, their achievements are impressive.
For those not on the list, all the best in making innovation more rewarding.
1. Moderna – For making a COVID-19 vaccine quickly that is easily distributed
2. Pfizer-BioNTech – For being first to market with an effective COVID-19 vaccine
3. Shopify – For enabling small retailers to quickly do business in an online world
4. SpaceX – For innovation and leadership in commercializing space travel
5. SpringHill Company – For marrying entertainment with social justice through Hollywood content
6. Epic Games – For challenging Big Tech hegemony—and possessing a vision to build something better
7. Netflix – For it’s forward thinking of entertainment content creation, distribution and consumption with video streaming
8. Tock – For restoring the advantage to restaurants and small businesses battered by the coronavirus
9. Microsoft – For firing on all cylinders and being an agile enterprise
10. Graphika – For tracking disinformation campaigns around the world through the elections, etc.
11. Ping An Good Doctor – For demonstrating how large-scale telehealth services can work
12. Outschool – For making remote learning fun
13. National Basketball Association – For blowing the best bubble
14. Snap – For bridging reality with mini apps
15. Asana – For helping teams meet their goals
16. Biobot Analytics – For using sewage to detect the next surge
17. Nike – For ongoing innovations to reclaim relationships with customers
18. Ben & Jerry’s – For pioneering corporate activism
19. Sony Interactive Entertainment – For leveling up yet again
20. Seegene – For producing a COVID-19 diagnostic test and taking it global, sending more than 55 million test kits to 67 countries
21. goTRG – For refurbishing and recycling returned merchandise, and saving money (and the planet) in the process
22. Zoom – For quick, easy virtual meetings
23. Farfetch – For digitizing the high-street boutique and putting it on China’s Tmall
24. Marqeta – For creating the toolbox for virtual credit cards for Chase, Square, Uber, and more
25. Ruangguru – For livestreaming school for free to 10 million students during lockdown
26. Lululemon – For reflecting what customers want by buying Mirror, a sleek, interactive, at home fitness system
27. Aclima – For providing deeper understanding of pollution—one block at a time
28. Get Shift Done – For tackling both job loss and hunger by paying hospitality workers to fill food-bank shifts
29. NBCUniversal – For proactively moving its traditional businesses into the future
30. Hipcamp – For bringing camping closer to home in a year when we all needed to get outside
31. Panera Bread – For finding creative solutions for getting coffee, groceries, and meals to customers during the pandemic
32. Puris – For amping up the alt-meat industry with a high-protein pea variety
33. Avocados From Mexico – For catapulting humble produce into a covetable branded product
34. Hermès – For creating aspirational products designed to last forever, made by an army of skilled craftspeople
35. LeoLabs – For spotting space junk
36. Goodby Silverstein & Partners – For balancing Super Bowl hits with anti-racist PSA work
37. Credo Beauty – For tackling the beauty industry’s packaging problem
38. Twilio – For facilitating face-to-face communication during an era of social distancing and global lockdown
39. SiO2 Materials Science – For applying an impossibly thin layer of glass to vials in order to deliver the COVID-19 vaccines
40. Teladoc Health – For the merger with Livongo to better treat patients with diabetes and hypertension
41. NotCo – For bringing plant-based milk and meat to the masses
42. Peloton – For motivating consumers to keep working out when fitness and sporting facilities closed during COVID
43. Snowflake – For letting businesses unlock the power of data, no matter what business they’re in
44. Brandlive – For helping the Biden campaign and others capture the live TV experience
45. Substack – For giving writers a profitable refuge from the shipwreck of old and new media
46. Frubana – For digitizing farm-to-table food sourcing
47. Getaway – For redefining the outdoor retreat
48. Zwift – For racing into esports
49. Skillshare – For giving creatives and hobbyists a pandemic outlet
50. Stablegold Hospitality – For knitting together a housing safety net in struggling cities
March 2021 – from Fast Company – CAIL Innovation commentary firstname.lastname@example.org