To improve business outcomes, metrics are important to confirm the organization is getting better at “Business Innovation” with –
- new products and services
- more sales
- higher profits
- growing the current market(s)
- the successful entry into new market(s)
- realizing competitive advantage
- evolving the business with – more User self – service capabilities, being more responsive to User needs, expanding opportunities, realizing higher margins, pro – active marketing initiatives, etc
To manage the innovation process with a strategy to improve business outcomes, there is a need for metrics to confirm Innovation is occurring in an organization based on the quantity and quality of App creation, deployment and ongoing evolution. In addition to having many Apps so Users have more choices to engage with the organization (depending on their need), it’s also important to have quality since Apps that deliver a great User Experience have high value and are a reflection of the insights and capabilities of those responsible for new business and strategicinitiatives -which has a direct impact in achieving corporate goals.
Metrics indicating innovation prowess and the probability of achieving corporate goals are the –
- number of Apps in the Enterprise App Store – for User choice of getting information on company products and services
- number of new Apps being created – for new product / service information or purchase
- number of Apps that have been updated – to stay relevant in the current market(s)
- number of Apps being transformed – for new business opportunities
- App downloads
- Apps driving new opportunities – with current Customers – attract ing new Customers
- Apps driving sales – for products / services, creating upsell / cross opportunities, etc.
- Apps that are reducing costs – with User self – service , improving corporate personnel productivity, etc.
- ratio of ideas for finding ” Apps that matter ” is improving …. ie: going from 1 in 10 to 2 in 10, 3 in 10, etc.
- decrease in time and cost from App conception to rollout…. to get the benefits with Apps sooner than later with more Customers / sales, a fast ROI, to reduce business risk, etc.
- decrease in time and cost of updating Apps…. to increase value or maintain relevance + respect with Apps having an average life of 9 months, it’s important to be better at managing change
- market segments being served by Apps
- increase in revenues and profits from Mobile Services